- The scale of the prize in Fintech disintermediation Chris Sier’s. I also really liked the way he presented this as a benefit to the consumer
- The power of a fully functioning ecosystem in the two examples presented by Alex (Geovation) and Amy (Level 39) - and the use of a cookie bell..
- The particularly enjoyed the counterpoint from Marc at MXC Capital with a more financially driven approach.
I very much enjoyed so many intense conversations continuing over drinks and food - though I am not sure security was so happy with the time we left
Thoughts from Belron
My first take-away from this event was that I needed to play more chess - someone is trying to tell you something when every keynote mentions it!
- ‘strategically important’ is not necessarily your core business
- IBM Watson hackathon shows what is possible when people are empowered.
- Think about who should be in the start-up team (Queen - well connected all rounder, Knight - able to jump over obstacles and make things happen, Rook/Bishop - deep subject knowledge)
- The old Sun-Tzu expression - keep your friends close but your enemies closer... taking the CTO to every meeting!